Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Of Dead Dogs and Butterflies

It was with a heavy and broken heart that I had to put Flannery to sleep.  He's been my constant companion for the past 9 years, and the days are not the same without him, his happy face, and obsessive snuggling. 
Miss ya, little bud.

Beginning the day after I came home from the vet with an empty collar, the butterfly garden is suddenly alive.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  I know some people would be all, "its his spirit romping in the garden."  I just don't know about that.  It is a hell of a coincidence, though, that just when I needed some distraction these things start showing up in full force.

First, the Silver Spotted Skipper who arrived literally 12 hours after we got home that night.

A couple days later, a lady Monarch.


And just today, both ladies, a Tiger Swallowtail and a Spicebush Swallowtail.

Flannery, if you've got anything to do with this...thanks, Bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment