Sunday, May 15, 2011

Feeling a little sorry for myself.

I am tired.  Bone-numbingly tired.  Things that are not funny are starting to crack me up.  Shopping at Wegmans, looking at crackers.  "Stoned Wheat Crackers!"  Hilarious!  I have the humor of a 15 year old boy! Woohoo!

Wondering why allergies have to be a part of life?  And why I had to draw the short straw on this one?  The human body is not meant to be so reactive to everything.  The past 2 weeks I've been so ungodly itchy.  My skin, my nose, my throat, my eyes...oh dear lord, the itchy, swollen, red eyes...waking up at all hours of the night.  Not having had a solid night's sleep in weeks.  Taking so many antihistamines that I am a walking warning about sedative abuse. 

FYI:  Trying to walk through the house in the dark after Benadryl can and will lead to you walking full speed into a door frame.  You'll think you broke your nose, but no such luck.  You'll just have a little round bruise for a week that doesn't look like a bruise, it looks like dirt.  So now you will be walking around, pale and pasty, looking like you're high, with bright red swollen eyes, sniffing and sneezing, and to top it off, you look dirty.

I've never been so uncomfortable in my life.  I feel like I'm not fit to be looked upon, and I have to keep checking myself to make sure I'm making sense.  I'm just so damn tired. I hate being such a complaint-bringer but I really do not have anything positive to say to anyone, about anything.  I just want to crawl into a hole and die. 

But being as how I'm so allergic to stupid grass, I'm not even looking forward to that.

Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment